Well rounded software developer with background in quality assurance, system administration, and technical support.
Interested in automated testing and tooling. Works best in environments that expect integrity and autonomy.
Design and maintenance using vanilla technologies as well as frameworks.
- Testing with superagent, WWW::Mechanize, Selenium
Design and maintenence of high performing APIs, data layer models, scripts and automation.
- Moo, Dancer2
- MySQL/MariaDB, SQLite, Postgres
- Testing with Test::More, superagent
- Professionally trained and certified through ISTQB
- Unit Testing, Integration Testing, Functional Testing, Automated Testing, Regression Testing
- Writing and maintaining test plans and automated testing libraries
- Setup and maintenance of automated testing platforms for repos
Server building, automation, monitoring, migration, and administration with a wide array of technologies.
- Linux, CentOS, Debian, Apache, Lighttpd, Postfix, Dovecot, Exim, Spamassassin, PHP, MySQL, Bind, cPanel, Bash, systemd, crontab, Git (server)
- AWS, EC2, S3
- AWS CloudWatch, Nagios
- AWS Load Balancing
Agile and Scrum Development Workflow
4+ years working on a development team in a scrum environment.
- Agile, Scrum, JIRA, Request Tracker, Request Tracker for Incident Response
- Advanced skills with Git
- Writing custom policies in Perl::Critic
- Setup and use of jslint/eslint policies
Software Engineer, Best Practical Solutions (2019-02 — Present)
Multi discipline software development and system administration for popular open source web application on a small distributed team.
- Customer sponsored feature and custom RT extension development, direct product support, and maintenance development.
- Building, upgrading, and migration for customer servers including Apache, Postfix, MariaDB/Postgres, and custom RT code.
- Research, design, buildout, and documentation of BPS hosting infrastructure on AWS.
- Rewrote AWS AMI build automation for BPS hosting.
- Planning, testing, and rollout of maintenance for BPS hosting infrastructure.
- Building custom tooling for BPS hosting.
- Converted both products (RT and RTIR) to Bootstrap 4.
Perl Developer II, cPanel (2016-11 — 2019-02)
Mid-level software developer for internal systems.
- Full lifecycle development of in-house software for billing, licensing, customer portal, and APIs, supporting cPanel's enterprise partner accounts.
- Rewrote the departmental linter and initiated policy plans for departmental team development workflows.
- Participated in initial departmental standards team initiative.
Quality Assurance Analyst, cPanel (2014-11 — 2016-11)
Bug finder and advocate for quality in an agile (scrum) environment.
- Wrote, ran, and maintained automated tests and test plans for cPanel/WHM.
- Functional testing within a scrum team workflow.
Technical Analyst II / Migration Specialist, cPanel (2012-04 — 2014-11)
Technical support and migrations for enterprise partner's cPanel servers.
- Planned and migrated hosting servers from other control panels to cPanel/WHM.
- Wrote and maintained departmental scripts to assist in troubleshooting common issues and automating migrations.
- Contributed to internal documentation and troubleshooting guides.
Technical Product Specialist, cPanel (2011-04 — 2012-04)
Technical sales, training, enterprise partner customer relationships, and representing cPanel at conferences in the US and abroad.
Web Developer, Render Orange, LLC (2009-11 — 2013-10)
Owned and operated, full service web development company.
- Custom web development and hosting, project planning and collaboration with contract designers and marketing professionals.
- Accepted into and graduated University of Northern Iowa business incubator.
- University of Northern Iowa (2010-07 — 2011-04)
- North Iowa Area Community College (2005-08 — 2007-12)
Sharable, encrypted, ephemeral pastebin.
Pasteburn is a web application for encrypting and sharing secret content.
Pluggable lint framework for git, written in Perl.
Run commands when files change.
Tools for downloading, parsing, exporting, and importing data from the official Data Spreadsheet for Animal Crossing New Horizons.
- Exports data from xlsx to a serialized format in json
- Creates database schemas in sqlite3 and json
- Imports serialized data from serialized json to sqlite3 database