|Web Development||HTML CSS REST API MySQL Perl Node.js|
|Virtualization and Containers||AWS EC2 S3 Vagrant Virtualbox QEMU/KVM|
|Project Management||Agile Scrum JIRA|
|System Administration||Linux CentOS Debian Apache Exim PHP MySQL DNS cPanel Bash systemd crontab|
|Testing||Selenium Unit Testing Integration Testing Functional Testing Automated Testing Regression Testing|
Perl Developer II, cPanel2016-11 — Present
Mid-level software developer for internal systems.
- Full lifecycle development of in-house software for billing, licensing, customer portal, and APIs, supporting cPanel's 900+ enterprise partner accounts.
- Successfully resurrected, rewrote, and reintroduced the departmental linter for the internal development teams workflow. Current maintainer.
Quality Assurance Analyst, cPanel2014-11 — 2016-11
Bug finder and advocate for quality in an agile (scrum) environment.
- Wrote, ran, and maintained automated tests and test plans for team responsible features in enterprise level software (cPanel/WHM).
Technical Analyst II / Migration Specialist, cPanel2014-11 — 2012-04
Technical support and migrations for enterprise partner's cPanel servers.
- Successfully planned and migrated hundreds of hosting servers from other control panels to cPanel/WHM.
- Wrote and maintained departmental scripts to assist in troubleshooting common issues.
- Contributed to internal documentation and troubleshooting guides to aid other technicians.
Technical Product Specialist, cPanel2011-04 — 2012-04
Technical sales, training, enterprise partner customer relationships, and representing cPanel at conferences in the US and abroad.Technical Sales Travel
Web Developer, Render Orange, LLC2009-11 — 2013-10
Owned and operated, full service web development company.
- Grew part-time client development and hosting work during college into a steady full-time customer base.
- Formed and maintained relationships with other contract designers and marketing professionals for projects.
IT Support Technician, VGM Forbin2009-02 — 2009-11
IT generalist for Forbin employees and customers.
- Migrated over 500 hosting accounts from on premise BIND servers to Godaddy's DNS service.
Server Support Engineer I, FastServers, Inc2008-01 — 2009-02
First tier managed datacenter server support. Server installation and configuration, racking, reboots, emergency tickets.
- Learned how to work in a stressful and demanding environment.
Computer Lab Assistant / Tech Services Intern, North Iowa Area Community College2005-08 — 2007-12
Campus computer lab technician in training. Assembly, disassembly, setup, and disposal of campus computers.
- Moved, installed, imaged, and configured a new lab of around 30 computers and monitors.
- Starting as work study during the semester, moved into a stipend position then paid intership with the Tech Services department.
AS, North Iowa Area Community College2005-08 — 2007-12
Focus of study on system administration, networking, and project management.
I actively develop in the open on Github and am proud of the work I have there.